My Blog List

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I found a board patient!!!!

FINALLY! I found a patient. I held screenings this morning and my first pt qualified!! He's super nice. All thanks to Marianne! She's my life saver!  Julie and Ashley are too. I was busy taking x-rays when my other patients came and they were nice enough to see them for me. We seriously have the best class!
I also saw a class III this afternoon! He was a smoker and I feel like I was able to give him some good info about its consequences and what he can do. He said no one had spent so much time explaining and examining before. That made me feel good! I still don't really know how to help them quite besides encouragement though. I only got one quad done but I think I'll be able to finish next time.
So the day itself went really well but I make myself sick thinking about boards. I can't wait for the next week to be done and to be able to enjoy the rest of school. I'm getting sad about graduating...well leaving the class! I will miss everyone! But I will not miss boards!

1 comment:

  1. I understand your stress. I try to internalize it and pretend it isn't there, but it still manifests itself. I wish I wasn't stressed about a board patient and the national board, and just the boards themselves. This has been a really hard past 2 weeks on me.
    But enough about me, congrats on finding a patient. And that was super nice of Julie and Ashley to help you out. What a great group of girls!!

    ReplyDelete