My Blog List

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Anesthesia Board

Well....I Passed!!
Today was the anesthesia board. We started the day at school by 7:30 so we could have a clinic tour and orientation. I think someone forgot to give us the clinic tour. So we waited around till the orientation. I thought it was actually pretty helpful. After orientation we had a birthday party and yummy cake for marianne and then snuck up stairs to the waiting room.
Then we waited and watched.
At 10:40 they called me back to set up and said they'd start back up again at 11. Bonus, I was in my old unit! I went and retrieved Karlie and tried to breathe.
When I finally started the procedure I went in with all correct angles in Karlie's perfect triangle and got a positive aspiration. I've never had a positive aspiration! So I withdrew my syringe and got  a new setup. This time I was at site of penetration and realized my window wasn't up so I withdrew again.
The third penetration I finally got it but when at site of deposition said penetration and they had to correct me:)
I don't really remember much after that point. I assume I did the PSA correctly because after cleaning and much fretting I got the courage to pick up my envelope. Inside was my success memo (it didn't look so purple upon initial viewing)!
On to bigger and more stressful things...clinicals tomorrow. UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment