My Blog List

Friday, September 30, 2011

I thought I liked injections but I was wrong!

We gave the lower injections today. Karlie and I worked on each other again. I wasn't really nervous this time. It had been kinda fun last time.  But boy was I in for a surprise. Prepared as we can be we began and I went first this time. I did the IA injection and I was very accurate. This would have been good if Karlie wasn't dying in my chair! Costly was helping us and kept telling me to redirect. Redirect where?! I didn't have a clue what I should be doing. I kept trying to redirect and hit karlie's nerve 3 different times. I felt so bad. I finally deposited, pulled out and did the long buccal and mental quickly and then started to freak out! Looking back, its kinda funny. Karlie had stopped breathing cause she was in pain, I had stopped because I was so nervous and I could tell I was hurting her. She had tears from hitting her nerve, I had tears from the adrenaline. Both of us just sat there afterward shaking and breathing deeply. Oh it was awful! I had had such a good experience last time and this time I never wanted to give a shot again! Once calmed down, I cleaned up.
Then it was Karlie's turn....

1 comment:

  1. Awe Maren, I am sorry you had to go through that. But hey, you got it out of the way and you can only go uphill from there.

    ReplyDelete