My Blog List

Friday, April 6, 2012

the second to last day at the VA

Well, everyone thought it was our last day and we had to keep reminding them that we are the lucky group to go 2 weeks in a row at the end....so we would be back!!!
It was a good day. I felt like I had interesting situations that I was able to learn from.  My first patient wasn't able to lay back becuase of osteoporosis so I got to work leaning over or standing. It was alot easier in most places to work standing up. The next patient had good subgingival calculus but since he wasn't started till 10 am I only did 2 quads. The dentist was very friendly and loved my x-rays! They were really good x-rays:)
In the afternoon I had a patient that had had head and neck radiation for throat cancer. It was cool hearing his story. Sadly, his teeth have suffered badly as a result of the radiation. He had caries everywhere. They were slowly putting his mouth back together. He had really good homecare but had a difficult time keeping the up with it all. It was sad, but he was such a nice guy.
All in all a very interesting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment