My Blog List

Thursday, October 27, 2011

My first injections...well officially!

Today I saw a class II patient. He had some good solid calculus!! Wow it was a good learning experience. To start out I had to get him numb. This guy was so patient with me. It was my first time giving shots to a real patient. I started by giving a PSA,and MSA....well I thought I gave a PSA. In my defense it was on the left side and he had really strong cheeks! Needless to say, he wasn't quite numb on the top when I started so I had to give him another injection. I don't think this one worked either. I think I had oseous contact but my instructor said to give it so.... Boy those first shots are an adrenaline rush. I had to just keep telling myself to breath deep breaths while injecting. After finishing to UL I moved on to the LL and gave an IA. This one worked!!!
Along with injections I learned how to use my triplebend. This was the first time i've ever used it. Probably over due! It was really helpful in knocking that calculus off! Its my new friend!

1 comment:

  1. I love to see black calculus fly with the triple bend.
    So I gave my first injections a few weeks ago and I forgot to breathe.....BIG MISTAKE!

    ReplyDelete