My Blog List

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mockboards...are over!!!

I've always scheduled myself in the afternoon for mockboards. I'm always happy about this till the afternoon comes!
The morning went well. When I examined the patient before the appointment I felt almost everything the instructor had which is a big improvement from last time! I was happy about that. We took the mock anesthisia test which I felt was helpful as well in directing my focus on studies. I think we were all grateful for it.
I was happy that this time my patient showed up on time. This was especially appreciated since I had to take PA's on her. I must say those were some of the toughest PA's I've taken. She ended up holding the snap-a-ray. To get an anterior film I had to almost take it like an occlusal film, but it worked out..thank heavens!! I feel though that I learned alot from just taking the difficult PA's.
I got her in at 1 exactly and then waited.
The cleaning itself was a good learning experience just like the PA's. She had tough calculus and her jaw got tired really fast so I had to stop often to give her a rest and strategize when to have her open and when to not. She had the craziest CEJs and I was sure I would miss so many areas because I couldn't tell if it was calculus or tooth. As I was ultrasonicing my tip would get caught on the CEJ and actually started shaking because it couldn't move. It was crazy. I eventually got her finished with not much time to spare and finished up. It was a huge relief to finish up and be done with mockboard #2!!!!
 Also, just a shout-out to the amazing girls in my clinic. They were all so helpful and cleaned up for me while i walked her out. We have such an AMAZING class!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment